Learn more about the different types of boilers that are available to you.
What is a Conventional Traditional Boiler?
This is the most common type of system in the UK today, comprising of a cold water storage tank (normally in the loft area), a hot-water storage cylinder and a separate boiler (traditionally installed within the kitchen).
It is generally suitable for larger homes, with multiple occupancy where hot water will be needed from more than one tap at a time on a regular basis. When fitted with a fast recovery/high efficiency hot water cylinder this type of system will be almost as efficient as a combination boiler, but will serve several taps at a time.
- Hot water to several taps at the same time.
- Greater volume of water, which means a bath will fill quickly.
- When used in conjunction with a fast recovery hot water cylinder, hot water can be available almost 24/7 and efficiently.
- If you require a powerful shower, a mechanical pump will most likely be required depending on the height of your property to increase the shower pressure.
- They take up more useful room in your home i.e. airing cupboard and loft which might otherwise be used as storage space.
- There is a greater risk of freezing pipes and flooding in the loft area by not having to store circa 50 gallons (227 litres) of water in the loft, and have the associated pipework exposed to freezing conditions in the winter months.
Don’t just take our word for it…
Our customers continually rate us as Excellent on Trustpilot!